After back to back wins against FC United and at AFC Telford, Saints travel to North Ferriby United on Saturday.

On Tuesday evening Kevin Wilkin’s side recorded a 3-1 win over a new look AFC Telford team under new manager Rob Edwards with goals from Andy Brown, Lee Ndlovu and an own goal by former Brackley defender Jordan Gough. Telford started the game well and proved a tough side to break-down but Saints got on top and two goals in three minutes just after the half hour put us in charge. Shane Byrne’s performance in midfield was especially impressive. Wilkin was particularly pleased with his players’ work-rate and the number of chances created.

Tuesday evening’s game had a bizarre moment when keeper Danny Lewis “scored” direct from a long kick that took one bounce to beat Telford’s Jas Singh and had the ‘keeper scurrying back to scoop the ball out from his goal. While the ball appeared to have crossed the line by some distance the officials were understandably some way away and could not be satisfied the whole ball had crossed the line.

Ben Tilney made a first appearance of the season for Saints coming off the bench having signed on loan from MK Dons. Tilney returns having previously spent time at SJP one season ago and has since made a number of first team appearances for The Dons.

After play-off success in 2015-16 North Ferriby had a single season in National League and finished with 39 points, being relegated along with Southport, York City and Braintree Town.

The Villagers have started their first season back in National League North with defeats at Curzon Ashton and at home against Harrogate Town. The game at Grange Road on Tuesday evening was subject to a pitch inspection following heavy rain but the game got the go-ahead. Manager Steve Housham will be looking to get first points on the board to get his season started.

If you cannot get to the game, follow the action on the club website and via live pre-match, half-time and full-time reports on BBC Radio Oxford.